stinkinbadger asked: Hey KS. I'm wondering if your legion can help me. I listen to a couple great comics podcasts, but they're pretty much boys clubs and I wanted to add something to the mix that had some female representation. I'm sure you've guested on many and your followers probably listen to some great ones, so I'm looking for recommendations. I enjoy podcasts where the hosts have a bit of fun and have great chemistry with each other and it's not all "business". Thanks a bunch!
Oh, man. Off the top of my head, maybe Talking Comics or 3 Chicks? Let’s open it up and see if anyone else has a suggestion.
I can toot my own horn a tad?
Matt and I are very aware of this phenomenon with comic book podcasts, so we actively try to fix this as much as we can. It’s… we’re not always successful, which will happen with a podcast hosted by two dudes, but still.
Here are some episodes of Matt & Brett Love Comics that fit this bill. We’re a book club format show, so see if any of the titles we discuss are of interest to you! And all of our guests are either flat out hilarious comedians based out of the UCB Theatre in NYC, or are flat out genius comic book creators (like Kelly Sue).
- #94 with Anna Rubanova (and Adam Bozarth)
- #93 with Boom! editor Dafna Pleban (and Kris Anka) talking about “Winter Soldier”
- #86 with Mary Lordes talking about “Green Arrow/Black Canary”
- #82 with Nicole Drespel talking about “Time Breakers”
- #77 with Nicole Drespel, talking about “Hawkeye” and “Wolverine and the X-Men”
- #70 with Maris Wicks (and Joe Quinones) talking about “Young Avengers”
- #66 with Lauren Hunter, talking about “Superman Annual” #11
- #65 with Upworthy’s Rebecca Eisenberg and VH1’s Meghan O’Keefe, talking about fandoms
- #56 with Marvel’s The Watcher host Lorraine Cink (and Kirk Damato) talking about “Justice League International
- #53 with Siobhan Thompson (and Geoff Garlock) talking about “Savage Dragon”
- #48 with Anna Rubanova, talking about “Gotham Central”
- #45 with Nicole Drespel (and Matt Fisher) talking about “Generation X”
- #41 with Nicole Drespel and Becky Ferreira, talking about “Severed”
- #31 with Kelly Hudson (and Alan Starzinski) talking about “We3”
- #29 with Kelly Sue DeConnick and Nicole Drespel, talking about “Planetary”
- #27 with Nicole Drespel and Kerry McGuire, talking about “Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things”
- #25 with Kelly Sue DeConnick
- #24 with Katey Healy-Wurzburg (and Curtis Retherford) talking about Spider-Man origin issues
- #19 with Nicole Drespel (and Zhubin Parang) talking about “X-Force”
- #17 with Nicole Drespel (and Benjamin Apple) talking about “The Goon”
- #13 with Nicole Drespel and Kathy Salerno, talking about “New Mutants”
- #10 with Nicole Drespel (and Dru Johnston) talking about “Quantum & Woody”
- #8 with Rebecca Eisenberg talking about “Sandman”
- #6 with Halle Kiefer talking about “Incredible Hulk”
- #2 with Nicole Drespel, talking about women in comics